ar 2011 to support regional desks by providing tactical solutions which assists in making informed business decisions.
Globally Equity Financing offers various products to Prime Brokerage Clients like Long / Short Financing via Cash PB and Synthetics platforms and execution products like Quantitative Prime Services across various markets at competitive prices.
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder needs to ensure all the projects completed by the teams in Mumbai, fit with the strategic architecture, technology and data models used by the EFG businesses. The role also demands to work beyond the current role of Client optimization project and focus on design and architecture of current business infrastructure, interact with various trading, sales & funding desks & IT teams globally to identify the optimal use for centralized data warehouse and take a lead in consolidation and implementation of a comprehensive MIS solution for the business.
The role holder will interact with regional traders to understand the key areas of business, the PnL drivers, the risks involved and work closely to build solutions/ models/ reports that can help in making informed business decisions.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
o Key specific accountabilities:
· Will have to be pro-active in owning the pre-existing models of Client Optimization and supporting the model outputs with good explanation of daily explains.
· Will focus on building strategic platforms for the various systems involved in the EFG business by partnering with regional desks and IT teams to spear head the initiatives of centralised data warehouse, ensure all the projects are sourcing information from the central data warehouse, and ensure synergies across regions to develop global solutions/models in coordination with the desks.
· Over time should be able to independently analyse the cash and synthetic business to highlight inefficiencies and develop potential solutions
· Develop statistical forecasting models for managing funding risk and predicting cost.
· Take initiative in proposing trading ideas and executing them with desks approval with an aim to increase book PnL.
· The role demands in depth knowledge on Securities Lending, Synthetics, Cash Prime Broker platform, understand the current global banking policies like Basel III & its implication on EFG business, approach & suggest new initiatives to global desk due to change in business environments, constant relationship building with global desk managers to understand the burning needs of the global desks and provide appropriate solutions.
· Role also demands to have team leader attributes.
o Stakeholder management and leadership.
· This is a high-profile front office position which will require a high level of engagement with a variety of stakeholders across the firm, including Trading, Sales, Risk, Legal, QA, Technology and Operations.
o Decision making and problem solving.
· The role holder will interact with regional traders to understand the key areas of business, the PnL drivers, the risks involved and work closely to build solutions/ models/ reports that can help in making the business more efficient from cost/ revenue perspective.
o Risk and Control: All company colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards of the company.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
· Engineering Graduate in Computer Science /IT, Master preferred
· Work in a similar role for at least 6-8 years in Equity Financing role
· Database languages like SQL with an expert understanding of databases, Programming Languages lie C++, Python, F#, C#, BI tools like Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire
· Comprehensive knowledge on Financing products like Securities Lending, Equity Derivatives, Cash Prime Broker platform and Repo Financing
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate complicated issues to management and other impacted areas and ensure timely resolution of issues and breaches.
· Highly analytical and numerate with exceptional problem solving abilities
· Should be able to understand/ structure complex flows in business resulting in PnL loss or risks.
· Well organised with good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise tasks.
· Able to work effectively as part of a large team.
· Able to multi-task and prioritise accordingly in a highly pressurised environment.
· Willing to take on responsibility.
· Confident in dealing with groups outside of immediate team (Sales, Trading, Product Control, Credit, Legal).
· Ability to build, maintain and enhance relationships at all levels including interacting effectively with other key areas within the bank e.g. IT, MO, FO, Ops Control.
· Detailed and meticulous, consistently delivering a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with high quality output.