The Company is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers.
Itis organised into four core businesses: Personal & Corporate (Personal Banking, Corporate Banking, Wealth & Investment Management), its card, Investment Banking and Africa.
Our Risk Solutions Group provides the strategic and tactical risk management solutions to our clients to manage their exposure to all kinds of financial risks, including rates, FX and Enterprise Risk Management. Our team is fully integrated with our industry coverage partners, as well as our Corporate Bank, to deliver seamless solutions to clients around the world.
About Market Risk
Market Risk provides three valuable functions to the senior management and trading management
1. The provision of an independent view of the principal market risks taken by traders, desk and business units. To fulfill this function, market risk capturing and reporting are responsible for accurate and timely delivery of risk capturing and reporting to market risk managers and the business of VaR, stress and sensitivity/position reporting.
2. Risk has a responsibility to ensure that the DVaR model employed for capital adequacy requirements is appropriate and that the universe of products traded are incorporated in an accurate and sufficient manner. The DvaR model is the core part of the internal model for market risk
3. Review, appraisal and approval of market related pricing models. This together with the risk manager’s risk view determines the limitations for each transaction type.
Overall purpose of role
The Risk Capturing & Reporting team is an integral part of IB Market Risk team located in Mumbai. They provide additional and independent information to the Market Risk managers and the Business to enhance decision making whilst providing a control environment to satisfy the objectives set by the Regulators.
They are responsible for the risk capturing & reporting making sure they are accurate, timely, and able to explain material positions and risks. To help on reporting work with local Capital and Risk Information Services and IT.
Market Risk Management and Reporting has dedicated teams that cover one or more of the main Business areas run within BC&I Markets Division: Traded Credit (including Client Capital Management Trading, which manages companys'’ CVA and Portfolio Management hedging activities), Macro (covering FX, Commodities, Rates Trading and Fixed Income Financing) and Equities. Broadly-speaking, responsibilities are to:
· Perform daily market risk production processes to ensure timely and accurate market risk capture and risk reporting together with explanations of noteworthy moves/differences, working closely with the CRIS and R&A IT Run-the-Bank (RTB) teams
· Analyse variances using a combination of data from native risk systems and underlying trade data to explain underlying changes in market risk exposures
· Make recommendations, supported by a clear rationale
· Respond to ad-hoc requests relating to market risk management, including risk capture and risk reporting
· Build out and enhance market risk capture & risk reporting to ensure reporting remains responsive to business and/or market changes, interacting with associated strategic IT and regulatory work streams, where necessary
· Proactively participate in infrastructure upgrades/development and ensure we improve infrastructure and fully understand and explain the impact of such changes
· Constantly investigate enhancements of risk practices, processes and controls.
· Take the initiative to improve market risk capture and reporting platforms with the respective CRIS and R&A IT project teams
· Play a leading role in the development and implementation of a strategic, robust and streamlined market risk reporting framework, working closely with the Market Risk Managers and their respective R&A IT Project teams
· This role is required to make weekly presentation of market moves, market events and top risks of the Traded Credit/Macro portfolios to Heads of Market Risk as well as risk managers in other locations. Often this would require answering impromptu questions thus this role needs to be familiar with the risks run by the desks and to keep up to date with developments in the markets.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Actively engage and help other team members in achieving their objectives to enhance performance of the wider team
· Build strong working relationships with senior Onshore stakeholders. Proactively manage internal stakeholders across technology, risk etc.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Think and act beyond their immediate responsibilities
· Understanding of products and client offerings for Investment & Corporate Banking
Risk and Control Objective
All companycolleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards of the company