First Line Risk and Control Analyst
Salary 10-18 lpa
- 03 Nov 2018
- Act as the day to day contact point within the first line of defence for the business areas & stakeholders to which I am aligned in matters relating to risk identification, assessment and control. This includes working with the business area to develop and maintain adequate risk & control documentation - to ensure the risk profile of the business is maintained in line with policy
- Ensuring adherence to relevant risk methodology, policy and standards which will include undertaking controls and checks on risk events and issues management.
- Support line manager to continuously work to improve and optimise the operating model of business area to build new capabilities, processes and solutions to meet new and changing demands in the internal and external regulatory environments.
- Contribute to the reviewing and monitoring of risks and controls following incidents/risk events/losses and other triggers using experience gained from control assurance activity. Work with allocated change initiatives to assess any impact upon the risk and control profile and ensure updates are made to risk frameworks as appropriate
- Support provision of robust and effective reporting & analysis to provide assurance to senior management and the Business Area that business is compliant with the defined governance framework (with effective escalation of issues as appropriate)
- Provide day to day coaching and support for colleagues and less experienced team members and deputise for the Governance & Control Managers as required
- Take responsibility for my own personal and career development, working in a way that is aligned fully to Values
§ Experienced in dealing with multiple stakeholders in different business functions who have different objective e.g. frontline, COO, Internal Audit, Risk, Compliance, Fraud and Legal
§ Experience in roles within a risk or compliance area with detailed knowledge of control frameworks, risk assessment and Operational and Conduct Risk policies & standards. The components of identification and assessment of risks and controls.
§ PC literate – Microsoft Office suite – in particular strong PowerPoint and excel skills.
§ Communication and presentation skills to deliver effective interaction with individuals and teams ranging from front-line staff up to Senior management level.
§ Exceptional attention to detail, highly numerate and analytical
§ Able to prioritise completing demands and work independently to deadlines
§ Role holder’s work will be used by high profile stakeholders
§ Ensure the business area maintains a complete and accurate risk profile, with early visibility of emerging issues through right first time assurance
§ High degree of innovation required to ensure that process under review are operating in an industry-leading way
§ Role holder has impact on the work carried out by colleagues across Chief Control Office and BUK
§ Ensure the business delivers its commitments to BIA/Compliance/External Regulators/Internal Policy through the establishment and maintenance of a simple governance frameworkApply