Business Analyst – data modeler -AVP
Salary 28 Lpa
- 01 Jun 2018
About Data Fabric, Reporting & Analytics.
Overall purpose of role
· Contribute to the stream Strategic Architecture Team as a senior XML Business Analyst & Data Modeler for the BarCapML project.
· Requirement Analysis and elicitation for any of the applications using the BarCapML messaging standards.
· Interact with end users to understand their requirement and build solution
· Interact with the CDO team to ensure the data definitions, data lineage and data governance requirements are in synch.
· Work as a part of a local team, liaise regularly with colleagues in other regions and mentor junior colleagues
· Work with Team/Project Leads to understand the functional scope of project work, questioning decisions and collaborating with end-users to ensure that business needs are met on a timely basis.
· Do business analysis to understand full scope of the project and document
· Create and Maintain detailed Micro documents, where applicable
· Draft schema design proposals for reviews by development managers and senior architect groups
· Review designs and providing feedback for components that are being implemented in other regions
· Write and review comprehensive work breakdown structures, providing rough-order-magnitude and detailed estimates, generating project plans and RAID (risk) logs
· Provide functional & business leadership to a team of developers
· Provide clear and comprehensive business requirements which can be passed to the IT team for build
· Diagnosis and resolution of defects found during SIT, QA and UAT test phases
· Work closely with global development team members in other regions, leading technical discussions where appropriate.
· Escalate issues to management as appropriation policies and strategy; quantify any financial accountability /budgetary requirements; likely timeframe of role activities; the impact of the role on the team/organisation.
· Organize and track UAT
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Liaise with Business Partners and various IT team
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Use analytical and problem solving skills to manage conflicts and/or issues
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
· Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Strong knowledge on the industry message standards - FPML, SWIFT etc.
· Well versed with the various stages and the associated workflows within the Trade LifeCycle. Strong with at least one stage within the Trade Lifecycle
· Product knowledge - Exchange traded and/or Over-the-counter Derivatives.
· Analytical skills; ability to investigate and resolve issues in a high-pressured environment
· Hands on experience with tools like Notepad++, XMLSpy, VISIO, MagicDraw, GIT and/or alike
· Expertise on Excel/Access required; should know formulas and functions required for Data Analysis.
· Intermediate knowledge of at least one DB technology (Oracle, SQL Server). Should be able to write queries with conditions and joins
· Familiar with Data Analysis and its concepts.
· Excellent understanding of agile methodologies.
· Experience with test-driven development
· Ability to work independently and proactively.
· Ability to build productive working relationships with other IT groups, business users and support teams.
· Strong ability to analyze data; attention to detail and good quantitative ability.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with a good command over English and ability to explain complex technical and functional topics in simple terms over the phone.
· Ability to work closely as part of a team with users, developers and business analysts outside home locations
· Positive team player and team lead
· A highly-motivated individual; confident, proactive, enthusiastic, willing to learn and use initiative.
· Dedicated, mature and reliable; detail oriented and results driven
· Capable of dealing with diversity
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
· Ability to pick up new technologies/systems and business knowledge quickly
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Highly motivated and self-driven
· Attention to details
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Apply