11 Apr 2019
In a world that is changing by the minute, and where the nature of workforce is changing to include contractors, consultants, and freelancers, organizations require talent strategies that are suited to the diverse needs, and more so, design systems that understand their appetite for work and productivity. The millennials who grew up using technologies and are accustomed to receiving continuous feedback expect nothing less than a similar cadence of communication in the workplace. Even the contingent workforce’s performance needs a different way of management. From a move away from the annual appraisal systems to a focus on the quality (as well as quantity) of feedback, although organizations have a come a long way, there’s still a long way to go. To be effective, organizations need to clearly define, measure, and reward performance as equitable, competitive and appropriate. So how will HR practitioners looking to stay ahead of the curve evolve their performance management strategies in 2019? What performance management trends can we see organizations adopting for a workforce that comprises of a mix of regular employees and gig workers? Will personal development be the front and center of PM discussions with dynamic agile goals? Will performance management be about productivity or efficiency?
Read what the experts have to say:
- Go beyond performance management to create emotional investments - Saakshi Saxena, Regional Lead: HR Program Management (Asia & AnZ), Microsoft
- Measure performance, when and where it happens - VIKRANT KHANNA, Lead, HR Transformation and Change (Asia), Alight Solutions & Abhilash Kumar, Sr. Consultant, Alight Solutions
- Performance Management in the “New” New World of Work - Overwhelming or Opportunity? - Michael Bollinger, Global VP, Cornerstone OnDemand
- Performance Management simply isn’t simple! - Clinton Wingrove, Director, WantToBeGreatManager
- Accept and adapt - Hr teams, take a note - Paneesh Rao, Chief Human Resource Office & Head of CSR, L&T Technology Services Ltd.
- Explore alternatives now! - Performance Management in the Multi-Dimensional Digital World - Richard Smith, Ph.D., Professor of Strategic Management (Practice), Singapore Management University